Photo courtesy of the Old Trails Museum
This photo was taken at the intersection of Second Street and Kinsley Avenue in the early 1900s. On the right side is the Dagg Mercantile Building, one of the first brick structures in Winslow. It was a western wear clothing store when it burned in 1992, and the Standin’ on the Corner park now occupies the space. Across the street to the south is a 1904 bank building. Next to it, the Golden Rule was operated by the Carl Behn family and sold general merchandise. A livery stable was to the left of that and it is believed that the building on the far left was a Masonic temple. In 1926, it was replaced by the Rialto Theater. For more information on Winslow’s history, visit www.oldtrailmuseum.org.