Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Dec 162011
 

Photo courtesy of the Navajo County Historical Society

After the legendary fire of 1888 swept through Holbrook, the Arizona Cooperative Mercantile Institution relocated along what is now Bucket of Blood Street. The store was part of the Mormon Cooperative Stores of the time, which allowed community members the opportunity to reap the benefits of jointly purchasing bulk quantities of goods to take advantage of lower prices. Community members were also allowed to sell their locally grown produce in the stores.

 

 

 

Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin