Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Jan 132012
 

Photo courtesy of the Navajo County Historical Society

The Argus was one of Holbrook’s early newspapers, with its first edition published Dec. 12, 1895. According to H.A. Pease (left), who would become an editor of The Argus, publisher Albert Franklin Banta started the newspaper to “offer opposition to the St. Johns Herald.” The last edition of The Argus was published on Feb. 4, 1913, four years after The Holbrook Tribune, precursor to The Tribune-News, was established.