By Linda Kor
In a Feb. 12 meeting of the Joseph City School District Governing Board, board members approved the following volunteers: Janet Bushman, Joseph City Junior and Senior High School classroom help; Kendra Cahoon, JCHS softball; Jim Cooksey, JCHS track; Maria Larsen, Joseph City Elementary School classroom help; Cari Martineau and Karen Martineau, JCHS cheer; and Kay Rush, JCHS track.
In addition, the board:
* Approved the re-employment of Bill Patterson as the Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor at the end of his Education Services, Inc. contract, effective March 1.
* Approved for first reading Arizona School Boards Association (ASBA) recommended policy revisions, including revisions in verbiage, but no change in policies.
* Approved out of state travel for a Johnson O’Malley subcontractors meeting scheduled Feb. 26 and 27 in Farmington, N.M.,; and board travel to the ASBA Spring Legal Seminar scheduled March 28 in Flagstaff.
* Approved for first reading the fiscal year 2014 academic calendar.
* Approved a community fundraiser request from the senior class to sell beverages from March 11-15 to raise money for the senior trip.
* Approved the fiscal year 2013-14 Navajo County Special Services Consortium agreement.
Powered by Max Banner Ads
By Linda Kor