Nov 152013

Our beloved Frank Gose, 72, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at his home, surrounded by his family and friends. A celebration of his life will be held at Winslow Elks Lodge No. 536 at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. A potluck dinner will follow the service.
He was born in Enid, Okla., to Charles (Pappy) Eugene Gose and Sylvia (Granny) Florence Gose, who preceded him in death. He is survived by his brother, Wesley (Mary Lou) Gose of Oklahoma City, Okla., and his sister, Christina (Keith) Hilton of Drury, Miss., as well as their children.
Frank will be greatly missed by his wife, Marie (Schibi) Gose; and his children, April (Clay), Lonny (Sharon) and John (Shannon). He has 10 loving grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. Frank was blessed to have so many who truly loved him.
Frank met Marie Schibi while he was on active duty in the U.S. Air Force, stationed at the Winslow Radar Base. He married her on Oct. 13, 1962, and spent his married life after his military service in Winslow
He retired from AT&SF water service in Winslow. After retiring, he maintained his own business for many years.
Frank loved life and made every attempt to live it to the fullest. His days were spent with family and friends. He always made time to sit down for a cup of coffee. Hunting, fishing and telling stories about the same were some of his favorite activities. He spent as much time as he could at Roosevelt Lake and camping just about anywhere he could. He enjoyed getting Marie on the back of his Harley or a quad, as well as doing outrageous and memorable things with his kids and many others. Frank also had a healthy admiration for playing poker. He always had a smile and a kind word to offer. A joke and a laugh were his favorite things to share.
His generous heart will be remembered and sincerely missed by many.
In lieu of flowers and cards, please consider donations to the Winslow Cancer Society, 2 Papago, Winslow, Ariz. 86047, or Hospice Compassus, 1000 Humphreys Street, Suite 220, Flagstaff, Ariz. 86001.
Greer’s Mortuary of Winslow was in charge of the arrangements.