Photo courtesy of the Old Trails Museum
The old Winslow City Hall, located at 212 E. Second St., served as the fire station, jail, city offices, council chambers and even the local library for a time. Upstairs, the firemen’s quarters featured a pole to slide down when fire alarms sounded. When this photo was taken in 1955, Joe Hoffman was the fire chief, holding that position from 1948 until 1973. This building is now used as the Winslow Senior Citizens Center.