Photo courtesy of the Old Trails Museum
These cowboys were having a great time at a rodeo parade in the 1930s as they rode past the Camp Keyton gas station and tourist cabins in Winslow. Camp Keyton was located in the 700 block of West Second Street at Prairie Avenue. It offered groceries, tires, gasoline and small cabins to weary travelers. In 1937, they sold nearly 25,000 gallons of gasoline to their customers. During the Dust Bowl days, migrant families on their way to California streamed by in old cars loaded with chickens, boxes, washtubs and the tools needed to start a new life.