Nov 122015
 

Historic pic-Winslow Grammer School

Photo courtesy of the Old Trails Musuem

The Winslow Grammar, later named Lincoln School, opened in 1897 on West Oak Street. The impressive brick building was a source of pride to residents, due in part to the stained glass windows in the classrooms and the beautiful bell tower that summoned generations of students to class. Lincoln School remained in service until the 1970s, when it was razed along with the original Washington School to make way for the new Washington “dome” school.