Nov 282015
 

Historic pic-Hubbell 1950s

Photo courtesy of the Old Trails Museum

The Hubbell Trading Post in Winslow, shown here in the 1950s, was built in 1918 and remained in business until 1952 as an integral part of commercial trading and warehouse operations in the Southwest. Goods were brought to Winslow by wagon from the reservation and were shipped by rail to destinations throughout the country. The trading post played an important role in the lives of the Navajo people, who relied on the commerce for income.