Mar 172016

John Wayne Case passed away on Saturday, March 12, 2016.
He was born July 31, 1936, in Mesa to Buna Mae Milton and Hiram Clifton Case. He was the only boy out of 5 children.
He did not graduate high school, but joined the United States Navy at the age of 17 in 1953. He served a four-year term, two of which were overseas. While in the Navy he received a National Defense Medal. He was honorably discharged from the Navy in 1957.
In 1957, he married Dawn. Together they had three children, Bob, Kathy and Howard.
John went to welding school in 1960 in California and received certification as a structural steel welder.
Later he moved back to Arizona and in 1988, he and Dawn went their separate ways.
He worked for the Snowflake Mill. He was employed with Paper Workers Union as a millwright journeyman for 29 years, retiring in 1995.
In 1989 he married Lenore Weber, and he became partners with her at the Main Street Café for five years. At that time he gained more family with three stepchildren, Rose, Jean and Chip Weber.
After selling the restaurant, John and Lenore spent all of their time together doing different things like working in the yard or going on trips together.
As everyone knows, it was hard for John to sit still. When he jingled the keys in his pocket, you knew he wanted to go somewhere. He was always busy doing something. He loved to tinker and work on many different things, from vehicles to houses, to working in his yard and garden. His other hobbies were fishing, occasional hunting and camping, going for rides on his bicycle, delivering motor homes to different states and reading. He always had a book in his pocket. He enjoyed watching movies; Conan the Barbarian was a favorite, as well as, you guessed it, any John Wayne picture. He went out to breakfast almost on a daily basis. He liked finding treasures at yard sales, and let’s not forget his talent of winning stuffed animals from the claw machines.
In the year 2000, he and Lenore moved to Mesa, where it was a bit warmer. They lived there for 15 years and just moved back to Taylor in November to be closer to family.
John was a friend to everyone he met and would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it. If anyone needed help he was always more than willing to go help. Whatever the case was, it didn’t matter, he was there. John stayed active doing things up until a couple of years ago when he had knee surgery and was unable to get around as easily anymore. John was always more than willing to go to the store for ingredients or whatever was needed and even if you only needed one, he’d get two or three just in case.
John was a great man, loved by all, and will be greatly missed by everyone he ever met. May he rest in peace.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Buna Milton and Hiram Case; and his daughter, Kathy Case.
Survivors include his wife, Lenore Case; two sons, Robert Case of Taylor, and Howard Case and wife Vickie of Snowflake; stepchildren, Rose McIntyre and husband Ernest of Snowflake, and Chip Weber of Shelbyville, Tenn.; eight grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Silver Creek Mortuary of Taylor was in charge of the arrangements.